Asphalt Shingle Types
- Three Tab Shingles – these are the least expensive but don’t last as long. They can’t handle high winds very well.
- Dimensional Shingles – cost a little more, last longer and are less susceptible to wind damage. Their higher profile makes them more susceptible to wind lift on low slope and flat roofs.
- Architectural shingles are heavier and provide a look more closely to the appearance of slate or cedar shakes.
- Impact Resistant Shingles are rated to withstand hail damage up to 1.5 – 2.0 inches in diameter. The GAF Grand Sequoia ArmorShield II shingles are UL Class 4 roofing shingles, certified to resist impact. Some insurance companies offer discounts for impact resistant shingles. Studies prove they reduce insurance claims.
- Cool Shingles use ceramic coated granules to reduce utility bills and help the environment. The GAF Timberline Cool Series is certified by Energy Star.
- Wind Resistant Shingles can handle winds up to 130 MPH, when installed properly. The GAF Timberline HD is guaranteed to resist wind damage.
GAF sells more shingles than any other manufacturer. GAF offers all types of roofing from affordable three-tab to those resistant to hail damage, wind damage, and UV damage. Each of the GAF shingle products carries a Warranty appropriate to its rating.
Roof replacement is a complex process that requires understanding of what a roofing contractor is offering you. We will answer all your questions honestly and strive to assist you with the best roof replacement for your needs.
Nichtech Roofing is a licensed, bonded contractor in Tulsa, OK. We handle complete replacement of your homes roof installation. As a Dallas roofing company, we work across North Texas, and have performed many roof installations in the Dallas metro area. We have also performed roof replacement at many of the local area lakes. We protect your home, lawn and gardens during the process and clear away debris including nails from your property.
If you think you have storm damage call us before making insurance claims. Our roofing company experts can advise you. Denied claims could cause your insurance to increase. As Dallas roofing experts, we can help you understand the nature and extent of roof damage. If your roof damage is minor we can assist you with roof repairs to assure your home is free from roof leaks. And if it’s time for a roof replacement in Tulsa we can assist you in choosing the best roofing systems for your home.
Get in touch with us for a free roof inspection or request a free estimate on a replacement roof that makes your home look beautiful, helps you save on energy and keeps you protected from storm damage.